These are features that are commonly included in the best diaper bag backpacks
- Capacity: If you have multiple children or are gone for hours at a time, you may be best served by a larger-sized bag.
- Weight: Depending on your strength and stature, the weight may be important. Some bags (and all their features) can tip the scales at over 2.5 pounds
- Design: Diaper bag backpacks come in a multitude of designs. Some are sleek & modern, some fun & flirty, some are even camouflaged to look like a regular backpack. Choose one that fits your personality. And if daddy will be carrying it on occasion, make sure you check with him about whether he'd prefer a gender neutral color or design.
- Easy to Clean: A water-resistant exterior can be easily wiped down in the event of a spill. Between bottle mishaps, sticky post-snack fingers, and diaper blowouts, your bag is bound to get dirty. Pick one that is convenient to clean.
- Storage Pockets: Since you are carrying a million things, you might need a million pockets. Evaluate all the things you will be putting in your diaper bag and identify your specific storage needs to keep everything neat and organized.
- Insulated Compartments: Even if you are not pumping milk, it is still nice to look for insulated compartments. The day will come when you will be carrying baby food or sippy cups filled with regular milk, and the ability to keep them cool will be incredibly useful.